Tuesday 18 May 2010

Back Again!!

Hi there. Another quick post to say that I am back again from my holidays - if you can call it that.
We did not have to get up at 4am the next morning but we were left waiting until the afternoon to find out that we would not be going to Madeira.
After discussing where to go instead, my husband decided on getting the ferry over to Ireland - which I was not at all happy about doing because I thought I would be sea sick.
We had to leave home at 5.30am the next day to catch the 10am ferry from Holyhead to Dun Laoghaire. We arrived at our hotel in Dublin at 2.30pm. We both took travel sickness tablets and survived the ferry (both ways).

We spent a night at Dublin and then drove to Galway and had two nights there - driving down the coast to see the river Shannon during the day.
On Saturday we went through Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford to reach Wexford where we stayed overnight before travelling back for the ferry the next day.
It has been a very tiring holiday because all we seem to have done is travel around.

I really love Irish Music and my husband loves his Guiness but we were both very disappointed. I never found these pubs that everyone tells me about that have Irish Music and David never found the fabulous pint of Guiness that everyone tells him he must try. The ones he had were just the same as what he drinks over here.

I think we have finished with holidays now until the end of the year so I must knuckle down to doing some cardmaking.

Thanks for looking
luv
eileen
x

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...