Saturday 13 September 2008

First of all I would like to thank everyone who has left such lovely comments on my blog - I really appreciate it.
Today was the start of our rugby season - it was not a good start we lost at home to Hoyland Vikings.
I have spent the evening updating our website - Hipperholme Warriors - there is a link on the right of my blog but I did nip out for an hour or so to a neighbour's house - she was having a party for her daughter who is going to University in London in about a weeks time.
I made this little gift card for her. It is the same idea as the one I made for Katie (incidentally the girl going to University is called Katie as well) but just a different design on the front. The red strip of card is a belly band.

Before I started making cards I nearly always bought Andrew Brownsword cards so when I went to The Range and saw that they had some rubber stamps with the Forever Friends bear on them I just had to buy a Christmas set of them.

I had seen a lovely little card on Andrea Brownjohn's website under the heading "Cute Card Thursday 'Things That Grow' Challenge" and I thought my new stamp set would be ideal for trying out this card.
Here is my version.

and when you pull the tab at the top it looks like this
It's a really good idea, isn't it?
luv,
Eileen

2 comments:

Andrea, said...

2 fabulous cards, those new Forever Friends stamps are so cute

Anonymous said...

Hello, Eileen! Welcome to The Wonderful World of Blogging! It looks like you're off to a good start and I hope you're enjoying yourself. You do beautiful work with the sketches! These designs are great. Love the belly band idea on the first card. Aren't those slider cards a fantastic design? They always amaze me. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...