Wednesday 10 September 2008

What a week I have had - and it is only Wednesday!!!

On Monday I decided to get my embroidery machine out to have a go at embroidering the rugby club badge on some t.shirts.

First of all I had to drag it out from behind some boxes that are stashed underneath my desk and then I could not find the foot pedal, the plug and the lead that connects the machine to my computer. I started looking for these about 4pm and I broke off to have my tea, which my son Richard had made because I was in such a mood because I couldn't find them, and then continued looking. My husband helped me later and we emptied drawers and cupboards in every room, looked twice in the loft and just could not find it anywhere.

About 10.30pm I was having another look under my desk when my husband asked if there was a lid to the machine. I said there was and I had already looked but couldnt find anything in it. I said he could have a look if he wanted and he did. And guess what? He found it. There is a storage area which I had totally forgotten about ( I havent used the machine for over a year) and everything was in there. I just could not believe it.


Tuesday I spent the majority of the day trying to embroider the badge and after about 3 attempts I think it is not too bad. I will now have the task of embroidering about 50 T.Shirts free of charge!! My husband gets me some really good little jobs!! If I was to get paid by the hour the club would be bankrupt.

I have however found time to make a card for the Mojo Monday challenge - the sketch is shown below:-

and here is my card



I have used Making Memories Kids Collection Papers - Max and Stampin Up Pumpkin pie
The stamp is, of course, Penny Black. Penny Black was always my favourite stamp company but I must admit that I really do like the Stampin Up stamps. The ribbon is from Stampin Up as well.

Thanks for looking.
Eileen

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

Eileen--this is absolutely adorable. Love the dp you used and your coloring of that hedgie is awesome. Great blog--congrats on starting one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...