Wednesday 22 June 2011

Good News, Good News

Hi bloggers!
It seems ages since I did any blogging - the main reason being that it was my son's 40th birthday on the 15th June and I had been making a special surprise for him.


I gathered together loads of photos and got comments from some of his friends and school friends etc and I made a "This is your life" book. It took an awful lot of work but I was very pleased with it.


The "Good News" I refer to in the title is that I have been for my 6 month check up and everything was fine - thank goodness. I don't go again until December and then it is to Gynaecology Outpatients instead of the Macmillan Unit - so that is quite heartening.



Anyway I have at long last managed to make a card and I have used the sketch from the Pear Tree Designs Challenge.




and here is my card





I am also entering it in



Totally Papercrafts - which is to use Punches or Die Cuts

Stamp Something - which is to use Pretty Papers
and Just Magnolia - which is Paper Piecing.






I think I will be very busy this month making cards for July - I have so many birthday.
It is my Grand-daughter's on the 1st, then she is getting Christened on the 2nd.

I have a 60th on the 3rd and a birthday on the 5th, 6th, 15th and 21st.


I think perhaps I had better crack on now!!!

Enjoy your evening

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply georgeous thanks for joining us at PTD this week.

Kerry

Sonia said...

Beautiful card Eileen, so glad your check up went well :) What a lovely idea for your Sons Birthday.
Hugs Sonia xx

Kathleen said...

This is a really fabulous card Eileen.love it.
July pretty hectic for me too but August is a nightmare especially as YOU know who is 60 this year.

Kath x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love it.
luv
Debby

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

This is gorgeous. I love your colour combo and Tilda's pretty paper-pieced apron.
Thanks for joining our 'punches and dies' challenge at TPC.
Caroline xxx

Stampin Mindy said...

This is beautiful. The colors are so pretty and elegant. Great job with the paper piecing.

Thanks for Joining us at Just Magnolia and hAngler.

Hugs, Mindy

Mummylade said...

This is just lovely and the paper piecing is great! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...